Thursday, January 3, 2013

Never Leave Anything Behind

Today I was reading an article about guests who leave things in their hotel rooms after they check out. The article claimed that a woman left her breast implants and that another guest left their kitten. This surprises me because when I travel nothing leaves my suitcase until I'm ready to use it. I have never left anything in a hotel but apparently it happens a lot. 

Of course we get the guests who leave a hair brush, lotion, shampoo, and condoms but most guests leave some pretty big ticket items. Here are some of the more interesting things my guests have left in their hotel rooms:

Kindle

When the original Amazon Kindle came out I had a guest who left it in the room, took the charger but left the kindle. They claimed it the next day but if I had just spent over $200 on a device, I am strapping it to my body.

Baby Crib

At least they took the baby! When we called to let them know their reaction was confusing to me.

Guest: Oh did we? Hmm. I really thought we had it. Oh well. Do you want it?

iPad

This wasn't left in a room; it was left in the lobby bathroom. This is something else I wonder about in regards to leaving things behind. A bathroom isn't a hotel room, it's not as large nor does it have anything where an iPad can "hide." Apparently this guest went into the bathroom with their iPad to use it and then got up and left without it. WHAT WAS ENTERTAINING YOU WHILE YOU WERE VIOLATING OUR LOBBY BATHROOM? That's like me going into the bathroom to use it and then leaving without my shirt. If my juggs were covered up when I went in, why aren't they covered up when I leave?

The weird thing about that was when I looked on the iPad to gather information about who it belonged to, I called the woman and she shrugged it off.

Rich Bitch: Oh. Okay. I guess I'll come pick it up. I really didn't notice, didn't think twice about it.

Luggage

I had a woman who left her purse and one bag of luggage in the room. She had gotten home by the time we called her to let her know. When she came back to get it she didn't know how she left it behind. I don't know how she did either. If you leave a few small things, that's understandable; but the things that carry your clothes, wallet, keys, etc you left in a hotel room. I don't carry a purse and I never have but, from my minimal knowledge, that shit is important. Women panic when they think they've lost their purse. So how is it that she was able to go home, get out of her car, into her house, change clothes, and take a nap never realizing that the place where she just came from HAS ALL OF HER SHIT!

Medication

I understand this completely. Pill bottles are small. You can always get a refill or buy more medication but this medication was special.

When the items left behind are big things we try to call the guest but if they leave something like shampoo or Motrin, we mostly let them call us. My manager at the time, Condii, and I didn't know what the pills were for. The name was too long and difficult to pronounce. We looked up the pills to see what were for in order to assess the gravity of the situation. Sure enough they were used to treat an STD.

Okay...you get down with the get down and sometimes you get caught up. Either you're going to end up with a pea in your pod or with your pee burning.  But IF YOU FELT THE NEED TO BRING WITH YOU YOUR MEDS THAT TREAT YOUR STD WERE THAT IMPORTANT THEN IT IS ALSO IMPORTANT TO TAKE THEM BACK HOME WITH YOU!  This guys list should have gone as follows:

Keys? Check!
Wallet? Check!
Cell Phone? Check!
Pills that keep my genitals from looking like cauliflower? CHECK CHECK CHECK!

If you think you've packed up/grabbed everything in your hotel room...CHECK AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment