Friday, January 11, 2013

Management

I've had a lot of managers throughout my work experience. I've only ever had a major problem with one of them, Mr. Budweiser, but for the most part they have all been pretty good people. Some of them I've liked more than others but all of them were quirky in their own special way. This is a description of each of manager as a person not about their jobs, that shit is boring.

Pat

Pat was the first store manager at the office supply store. He was a very nice guy. He seemed like a really relaxed person during and outside of work. I think there were very few instances where I witnessed him get annoyed. Outside of Pat being a nice guy he was adorable. Every girl who worked there had a little crush on Pat. What I remember most was his hair. He had the most luxurious, model like hair I've ever seen. His hair was similar to NBA player Matt Barnes. Luxurious. As. Shit. I was completely devoted to Pat which is why I switched stores and why I really was upset about quitting the office supply store. He was definitely one of the best managers I have ever had.

Jazzy

Jazzy was specifically my manager at the office supply store. She ran the copy center. She was amazing at her job, unbelievably creative and just all around a good person. She was somewhat of a wandering butterfly; she never stayed in one place too long but was completely lovable. She became more of a friend than a manager to me which I found really cool. She was greatly overworked and underpaid; she always had the potential to be one of the greatest print designers of our time. Her wandering spirit got in the way of her ever really laying roots anywhere but she was a really refreshing person to be around.

Chen

Chen-Doll is what I called her. She balanced being Asian-American better than I've ever seen anyone do it. Where she had a fondness for everything Hello Kitty, she also rocked blonde streaks in her hair. One of my favorite things to hear Chen say was "Oooh girl!" and then laugh. She was young and smart and just all around a cool person. She was one of the youngest managers which made her one of the coolest managers. Every staff member who got to close the store with Chen knew it was gonna be a fun night. Still to this day she is one of the coolest people I have ever known.

CoCo

CoCo was my copy center manager at the store I switched to. She was unbelievably cheerful. Everything made her smile. It was hilarious. At the time she was a newlywed and genuinely had a "glass half full" outlook on life. She still has that same attitude to this day. CoCo was the first person I've met in my life who was that happy all the time, and after getting over the initial confusion about it, I realized how great of a person CoCo truly is.

Condii

Condii was the first manager I had at the hotel. I had been working there for over a year before the owner decided to seek out a manager. Condii is a very nice person. She is very talkative, extremely in love with her husband and insane. She is the good insane though. I've never had a manager with such a big personality. At first all of us at the front desk were thinking "Woah!" but the more we got to know her, the more we liked her.

Sandy

Sandy is my current boss. He was my manager before Condii and though he is a very nice man, he can be a little too much for some people. He freaks out over everything, everything is a big deal. I have a feeling that if he does have a heart attack it will be stress induced from his own fears. He tells me about how he doesn't sleep, and he's always checking his phone just because he is afraid that something will go wrong. He definitely trusts the staff, I don't think that is the problem, he just doesn't know how to relax. He can be really funny, really interesting and really nice at times but then sometimes he is the opposite of all those things. It is refreshing to see an owner who really takes pride in his business and does everything he can to make it as great as it can be but he needs to understand that hotel guests are full of shit. They say everything and anything because they have a second agenda which is to get a discount or just wreak havoc in their trail. When he starts to realize that, then we will all be happy.

Curly Sue

Curly Sue was one of the managers I had at the office supply store. From the first time I met him I knew he was going to annoy the shit outta me. He was an older man who was sick of working but couldn't afford to retire. He hated the copy center with a passion and told me multiple times that he found it useless to the store. He hated the customers who came into the store just to go to the copy center. He once sent a customer back over to me to ring up because he refused to do so even though I had a counter full of people and was all by myself. I didn't like him and I just ignored him. He started to soften up a bit but that still didn't change my feelings toward him. After I quit the job, he stepped down from his manager position. Unfortunately, due to an accident at the store, Curly Sue died. That job killed him and I will always believe that. I would never wish death upon someone, no matter how much I dislike them and I do find it tragic and unfortunate that he was dealt those cards.  I truly do hope that his family has worked through their emotions since the time of his passing and remember him for everything he was except the manager at an office supply store.

No comments:

Post a Comment