Thursday, January 31, 2013

Co-Workers: Hotel

As I mentioned before, no one really quit the hotel, so the first two years that I worked there wasn't a change in staff. I got to know more about my coworkers than I really wanted to know.

Krizzle

I remember Krizzle from my second day of training, she bought me lunch. She was a nice, small girl and she gave me a better impression of herself than Tani. Slowly but surely I began to dislike Krizzle because of the 'Blame the New Girl' game they all played. I thought that Krizzle had a large part in the game, not because of the things she did but because of the way she said things. We all communicated through a log book. A log book is basically for any important notes that may need to be passed on to the other employees during your shift. It can easily be misinterpreted the way a text message is. Things are just read incorrectly and then people get upset and angry based on their interpretations. That happened to me with Krizzle, she wrote a note to me that I took the wrong way completely and I just didn't like her from that point on. I liked her more than I liked Tani (though that's not saying much) but I didn't trust her. When she and I both got promoted we actually discussed it and not only realized that it was a misunderstanding but that we really do like each other. We have the same sense of humor, same drive and similar interests. I truly consider her a friend of mine now but it sucks that all that time was wasted due to a misunderstanding.

TT Y'all

TT Y'all was the other night auditor. She was different from most Graveyard Shift-ers I've met because she wasn't a weirdo. She is bubbly, funny and really nice. She has the personality to work normal hours so it always surprised me that she worked so late. I actually used to stay hours after my shift ended just talking to her because we only got to see each other once a week. I've never had a bad experience with TT Y'all, she's always been very sweet to me. I've been made aware of some of the 'Blame the New Girl' stuff from the past that she had a hand in but I'm not bothered by it. It's really difficult not to love her and even though there's a 20 year age difference between us it has never hindered our friendship.

Taylor

Taylor started working at the hotel after Tani got fired (another story that I can't wait to share). He was the first male desk clerk in the history of the hotel. He is very personable, guests loved him and he is a funny guy. Guests truly considered him a friend as opposed to someone providing them a service. Taylor always had streaks of being hard-headed where he voiced his own opinion more so than need be. He was great with guests but often clashed with front desk. I personally liked Taylor and never dealt with the outcome of his mistakes until I became manager. I like to say that working at the hotel is 51% Customer Service and 49% Other. The 'Other' being the technical stuff in regards to check in, check out and what have you. Taylor looked at the hotel as 85% Customer Service and 15% Other. Though Customer Service is important everything else is just as important as well which wasn't stressed to him enough. His time finally ended at the hotel and he is happy in his life at his new job with his girlfriend. Taylor was a great guy but just couldn't quite complete the hotel's puzzle.

At this point I should probably talk about Tani Gold but Tani was so special that she gets her own posts and she will be getting some good ones coming up in the very near future. For now I'm going to talk about my favorite group Co-Workers.

Housekeeping Staff

I love the housekeeping staff. They do the dirty work and don't complain about it. The more I've gotten to know housekeeping, the more I've loved them. There have been too many housekeepers to name but they all have been great people (with the exception of Gold Tooth, she was a hateful woman). They always make work fun and they are all friends outside of work. They don't treat each other any differently which says a lot about the head of housekeeping, Little Jalapeno, who sees eye to eye with her employees. They treat each other like family...well maybe because most of them are all family...but anyway, they are good people with good hearts and will forever be my favorite group of people to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment