Friday, December 7, 2012

Crazy Customers pt 2

Blankets

Even though the people at the office supply store were crazy, the people at the hotel were crazy and they were assholes.

Ass: (on the phone) My heater isn't working.
Working Girl: Oh I am sorry to hear that, you know a lot of our guests have a tendency to turn up the thermostat without turning on the unit. There are two switches right under-
Ass: I'VE STAYED HERE BEFORE I KNOW HOW TO WORK A THERMOSTAT!

*Hangs Up*

The Ass comes downstairs.

Ass: So is the maintenance guy coming to fix my heater?
Working Girl: Sir, it is 7pm. The Maintenance guy left at 4. I am the only one here. I can try to help you.
Ass: CALL HIM NOW!
Working Girl: Sir, would you like to change rooms? Or possibly use the portable heaters that we have?
Ass: No. A heater will not heat up the room
Working Girl: I've actually had guests bring the heaters back because it got too hot. Would you like to try?
Ass: Well since you don't want to help me, give me 15 blankets.

Side Note: I live in Northern California. The coldest it gets here is about 58 degrees. That night it was about 66.

Working Girl: I will give you 2 blankets. I don't have 15 to give you and even if I did I couldn't. If you wait right here I will go get your blankets. Please just give me 30 seconds.

By the time I come back with his blankets, only 30 seconds later, he is gone. I get a phone call from his room.

Ass: So are you going to bring me my blankets?

Copy Thief

All of the copy machines at the self serve area at the office supply store would print out a job report once the customer finished making copies. We had a customer who would come in about twice a week, be there for hours making copies, fish through the trash for a job report that says "1 copy" and he would bring that job report to the register after putting all of his hundreds of copies in his bag.

We all knew this but every time we would tell him that we knew he made more than one copy (all of his job reports had different times on them) he would respond the same way.

Copy Thief: WHHHAAAAAAATTT???

That was ALWAYS his reaction!

Working Girl: Your total is 10 cents.
Copy Thief: WHHHAAAAAAATTT???

Working Girl: My register is closed.
Copy Thief: WHHHAAAAAAATTT???

Working Girl: This job report says 8:52am. It is 2:45pm.
Copy Thief: WHHHAAAAAAATTT???

It became a phrase amongst all the employees whenever he would walk in the store. Over the walkie talkies all you would hear is "WHHHAAAAAAATTT???"

He stopped coming in once we started emptying the trash can every hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment