Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Crazy Customers pt 1

When I worked at the office supply company I always dealt with the strangest customers that kept me laughing. Here are a few:

Name Your Price

I started working at the office supply company in July. I worked at the copy station so very rarely did I have to come in contact with the floor customers. During my first week working there a woman came to the copy station and put a desk calendar down on the counter.

Woman: How much is this?
Working Girl: (as I checked the price) $24.99
Woman: I will give you $12
Working Girl: (into the walkie talkie) Pat, could I see you over here please?

Pat, the then store manager, came over with a big smile.

Pat: What's up?
Working Girl: Well this woman...
Woman: I want to buy this calendar. Half of the year is already gone so I'll give you half the price.
Pat: Ma'am we don't price the items. We just sell them.
Woman: Well you're not selling this one

Then she walked out of the store

Laminate Guy

The weirdest customer I had was a guy who came in and asked me to laminate his wallet.

Working Girl: You want me to LAMINATE your WALLET? Do you know what laminate means?
Laminate Guy: (with a very heavy accent) Oh yes yes. I like design.
Working Girl: Do you want me to copy the design and then laminate the copy?
Laminate Guy: No. Laminate this.

He hands me his wallet and I kindly explain that it is impossible for me to do so.

Working Girl: Your wallet is too thick. There is no way I can get it through my machine.
Laminate Guy: Oh. Okay.

As soon as I think that this weird exchange is over, I see him walk over to the self service area, take out a pair of scissors and then cuts up his wallet into tiny pieces. He then scoops up the pieces in his hand and brings them to the counter.

Laminate Guy: Not too thick now. Please.

So then with a confused and shocked look on my face, I laminate the pieces of his wallet. He paid for it then went on his merry way.

No comments:

Post a Comment