Friday, March 15, 2013

Tani Gold: The Fight

This was one of my last exchanges with Tani Gold and it was a heated one. It all started at our quarterly staff meeting. Nothing ever changed in the staff meetings, it was same stuff we were told every 3 months and for the most part, we all tried to get in and out as quickly as possible. The manager always asked if we needed anything cleared up or if we had any questions or concerns. The answer, most of the time, was always no. Not only because we really didn't have any but also because we wanted to leave.

At this point in time, things had gotten really uncomfortable between Tani and the rest of the staff. She had gotten so out of hand that she was now the "black sheep" of our little hotel family, similar to the way she was the black sheep in her own family. It wasn't us, it was her.

Tani had stopped speaking to us completely and it got so bad that she only spoke to the manager (who she also hated) through e-mail. Even if Tani and Condii were at the hotel together and Condii was 10 feet away in her office, Tani would e-mail her and then forward the e-mail to the owner. Even the owner had enough of her antics. He told her that he did not need to be involved in the minor back and forth e-mails in which she was being completely unprofessional and Condii was being as nice as she could without slapping her in the face.

During the meeting Tani had a question to ask. None of us payed attention because...well...screw that bitch. She disrespected us so now she was going to get a taste of her own medicine. When Tani was asking Condii a question even Condii didn't pay any attention. Condii and I had a cool relationship and a very similar sense of humor. While Tani asked her question, Condii made funny faces at me. I giggled. All hell broke loose.

Tani: YA KNOW, WORKING GIRL, IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT MY QUESTION THEN THAT IS FINE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN. BUT DON'T SIT HERE AND LAUGH AT ME.
Working Girl: What!? Tani you have NO IDEA what you're talking about. I wasn't even laughing at you. I was laughing because Condii was making funny faces.
Tani: YOU DON'T WANT TO MESS WITH A CRAZY PERSON!

That's when I lost my shit. No one cared about her temper tantrum and we were all ignoring her but if she had the lady balls to even slightly threaten me, she had another thing coming.

After she said that TT Y'all, who was sitting between us, moved because she knew that I was about to swing on that bitch.

Working Girl: TANI, YOU'RE NOT CRAZY ENOUGH TO NOT GET KNOCKED BACK. UNDERSTAND THAT.
Tani: Look, I'm crazy and you should never mess with a crazy person. That's all I'm saying.
Working Girl: Crazy isn't going to stop me from swinging on you Tani. I'm both crazy and violent.

Before I stood up and pulled that ratted weave out of her skull, Condii took control of the situation.

Condii: Y'all settle down. Tani stop it. It was my fault. Don't be mad at her.

The meeting ended and Tani, being emotionally unstable, stomped out. The rest of us laughed because we knew she wasn't the smartest horse in the stable (or the best looking).

One of my coworkers asked me if I thought Tani was actually going to do something. I answered very calmly.

Working Girl: Anyone who says "I'm crazy, I'm crazy" is really not that crazy. If she was really going to do something she would've done it. Crazy people don't warn people, they just do it.

Soon after that Tani was no longer trying to destroy our lives because she didn't work there anymore, which is a story soon to come but writing this made me realize that meetings were the only time when Tani expressed her negative feelings to my face.

Within the first five meetings that we had Tani had a smartass remark towards me that stemmed from something that virtually had nothing to do with her.

I went to LA on a Monday for vacation because I didn't work until Friday. I told no one because a.) I wasn't scheduled to work and b.) It was nobody's damn business. It turns out that one of my coworkers had a family emergency and couldn't work so the owner called me to work for her. I told him I couldn't which should've been the end of that. Then the girl who needed me to fill in called me and I told her I couldn't. After two "No's" you would think that would be the end of that. Until Tani called me.

Tani: So you're gonna be here at 2:30 to relieve me.
Working Girl: Ugh! No, I'm not.
Tani: Well why?
Working Girl: Because none of your business, that's why.

Then I hung up with frustration.

At the end of the next meeting I was joking around with my friend/coworker who lost a lot of weight on vacation. I told her she needed a sandwich STAT.

TT Y'all (laughing): Oooh. You're so mean. I didn't know you were that mean.
Tani: I knew she was mean, I found that out when she was on her vacation.

She, again, stormed out.

I honestly believe that if you look up the word 'Nightmare' in the dictionary the definition would be 'Tani Gold."

No comments:

Post a Comment