Saturday, February 9, 2013

Tani Gold: Why Are You Such a Bitch? Pt. 2

Emotional Bitch

It seemed as though Tani had a lot of feelings. She took everything to heart. We were surprised if a month went by without her crying about something. There were plenty of times when she cried, and the best one will have to wait for its own post, but some situations were more memorable.

Like I said Tani was condescending, and she was like that with both the staff and the guests. Some guests ignored it, some guests mocked her behind her back and others (my favorites) confronted her. Though the hotel is technically "limited service," the staff always went out of their way to help guests. Sometimes guests don't want to be helped; Tani learned that the hard way. There was once a couple checking into the hotel, the male counterpart of this couple was struggling with the luggage and Tani ran out to help him. His girlfriend was not too fond of that.

Tani: Oh sir, let me help you.
Man: That's not necessary. I've got it.
Tani: Oh I'm happy to help. It's what I'm here for.
Woman: *sigh* No one asked you for your help. You can leave my man and me ALONE.

They made their way upstairs to Tani's shock and disbelief. I do think that woman completely took it the wrong way and Tani was actually trying to be helpful. The aftermath is where the problem was. Tani then began crying and wrote a note to all of us in the log book saying that the woman is a total psycho and to "watch out because she's jealous."
 
There was another incident in which a guest was upset about something stupid. I've learned that hotel guests are stupid and they tend to complain about things that just aren't worth it. This man was a very light sleeper and the fan that constantly runs in the bathroom was keeping him from sleeping. Instead of telling him that there is no way to stop the fan, it keeps mold from growing in the bathroom and it is standard in every hotel she decided to help by giving him towels to clog it. He immediately got upset because not only did she hand him rags to clog it, she suggested he clog it himself. If there is one rule in the hotel industry it is that the guest is a baby and you must feed, clothe and provide for the infant. He started raising his voice and she was terrified so she hit the panic button.

Side Note: The panic button is for emergencies only. Robberies and assaults to give you an example but an irritated guest is not one of them.

The panic button calls the police and basically tells them to come in guns blazing. They rush there to find that not only did the guy go back up to his room, there wasn't an emergency in the first place.

A week later during the staff meeting the owner mentioned that we are never to use the panic button without there being an actual emergency...she then burst into tears during the meeting even though the owner didn't even mention her name. The saga continued.

Hateful Bitch

This pissed me off more than anything else she did. I once came in to get my paycheck during Tani's shift. It was already established that Tani and I didn't like each other. She overheard me talking in the parking lot to the housekeeping manager before I came in to get my check. To avoid speaking to me or even seeing me, I heard her slam my check on the counter and stomp into the manager's office.

Trust me, I didn't want to speak to her either but don't ever screw with my money. She left my check on the counter for anyone to pass by and pick up. My check. My money. My name. My address. My social security number. My life. It was left on the counter because she didn't like me. Someone could've taken my shit because she didn't like me. She honestly should've been in the manager's office praying to whatever she believes in that I didn't hop the counter and introduce her face to my fist. 

Shockingly enough we still didn't get to answer the question of "Why Are You Such a Bitch?" Maybe we'll tackle that in part three.

No comments:

Post a Comment