Thursday, February 21, 2013

No Romance Package

This past Valentine's Day I was speaking to a few people about a Romance Package that we offer at the hotel. The Romance Package included wine and candy in a room with a jacuzzi. It is only a few dollars more than a regular room so I always thought it was a good deal.

I was a pro at selling romance packages. I got it down to a science. Whenever a man was dumb enough to bring his girlfriend into the hotel to get a room I would ask if they were interested in a Romance Package. If the guy was alone I know he would say no, but when his girlfriend is with him he almost has no choice.

Working Girl: I do have a king bed suite available at $129. For just $10 more you can get a Romance Package which includes wine, candy and a room with a Jacuzzi.
HornDog: Uh, no thanks. We're not interested.
LadyFriend: Not interested? I'm interested!
HornDog: Babe, we don't need that. We're not here for that.
LadyFriend: Well if you don't get a Romance Package we're going to be here for NOTHING.
HornDog (to me): Okay, we can upgrade to that Package.

I was selling about three of those a month. I worked the supreme banging hours so I perfected my skills in not only cock blocking but also in being a wing woman. You are definitely getting some lovin' if you spring for a Romance Package. I never had a guy say no to me when his girlfriend was with him. I'm pretty proud of that.

The best story regarding Romance Packages was Valentine's Day 2010. It is extremely easy to sell a Romance Package on Valentine's Day no matter what day of the week it is. This young guy took the initiative to get a Romance Package after reading about it online. He and his girlfriend came in, checked in, went to their room and left soon after to grab some Valentine's Day necessities. They were the first people I checked in that day at 2:45pm.

At 3:30, an older couple walked in looking for a room. Due to the fact that it was Valentine's Day I mentioned we had a Romance Package.

Working Girl: Would you like to upgrade for $10 more to a suite that includes a Romance Package?
Woman: What's that?
Working Girl: A Romance Package comes with wine and candy along with a Jacuzzi in a king bed suite.
Woman (to her husband): Oh Honey that sounds fun. Let's do that!
Husband: Oh why the heck not? Sure. We'll take it.

They got checked in, got their romance package and went to their room. It was pretty quiet for a bit until around 5pm. The young couple was coming in from the parking lot, being very affectionate towards one another, when the older couple was coming around the corner giggling because they had gone straight to drinking their wine.

Young Girlfriend: MOM!? DAD!?
Woman a.k.a Mom: Oh! Hey Stacy! What are you doing here?
Young Girlfriend: Well...I...
Husband a.k.a Dad: Who is this with you?
Young Guy: Hello Sir, I'm Carlos. I'm Stacy's boyfriend.
Woman a.k.a. Mom: Oh! Stacy didn't tell us she had a boyfriend...
Husband a.k.a. Dad (not happily): ...That she was staying in a hotel with.

During this time Carlos is holding Stacy up so that her knees don't buckle from embarrassment. Apparently the apple doesn't fall far from the tree because Stacy and Carlos are just as secretive as Stacy's parents. Neither of them knew that they were going to be sneaking off to a hotel room and as a bonus Stacy's parents didn't know anything about her surprisingly tan boyfriend Carlos of whom she planned on spending a romantic night with in a hotel room.

As I stood at the front desk with my mouth wide open, the story got even better...

Woman a.k.a. Mom: You guys are staying here? What room?
Stacy: Um, 103.
Woman a.k.a. Mom: Well what a coincidence because we are in 101. That's right next door! Ha!

THEY BOTH HAD ROMANCE PACKAGES AND THEY WERE SHARING A WALL! My night could not have gotten any better. After the awkward moment and when the parents went to get dinner, Stacy asked me if they could switch rooms.

Working Girl: Unfortunately, I am 100% sold out. Your parents got our very last room.

I don't know if Stacy and Carlos actually got the chance to enjoy their Valentine's Day like any other young couple, but I do know that it was my best Valentine's day yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment