Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Reflection

It's interesting to reflect upon my jobs and how they've merged. Ever since I became the manager at the hotel, I now spend a lot of time at the office supply store. Because of my copy center background I create all the promotional materials for my company. Due to the fact that I can create things on site, I just take it to the copy center to get printed.

It's strange because I haven't looked at the office supply store in a customer aspect for such a long time. I walk in and I revert back to what I was... an employee. I see my previous co-workers and we exchange pleasantries, I walk over to the copy center and I immediately want to correct the new employees. They just don't do shit right. When I see a fellow customer struggling at the copy machines I walk over to help them.

When I'm not visiting the copy center and I need to get something from the floor, I actually find myself getting upset when the employees ask me if I need any help.

"Help!? Do you not know who I am? Do you not know that I spent X amount of time here and I know every nook and cranny of the store?"

I can't say that. I can't do that. They don't know that I am the Legend of the Working Girl. How would they know that?  Why do I do that? Is that normal to be protective over something that wasn't yours to be protective over in the first place?

I was so happy to leave and give the middle finger to Mr.Budweiser but I will forever have good memories of the store. I loved working there and I had to stop because I was basically being bullied by the store manager. My love of the store and the people will run through my mind forever. I have so many memories (and stories to tell) that it cannot be forgotten.

Maybe I feel this way because I hyped myself up too much. Maybe I'm not the legend I think I am. Maybe I was just one of the hundreds of employees that come and go and I left no footprint at all...but who am I kidding? I'm the best and they know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment