Friday, May 3, 2013

The Psychic

I was at work when a guy walks in to get a room. The hotel was sold out so he asked me to call up another hotel. While I was trying to find him another hotel he starts talking to me.

Creepy: I'm a psychic you know.
Working Girl: Cool.

I find him a hotel. When I ask the front desk agent at the other hotel to hold a room for him she asks me for his name.

Working Girl: Sir, what's your name?
Creeper: The Psychic.
Working Girl (to the girl on the phone): Um... the psychic?
Girl: Well okay, ya know what just tell him to walk in.

After I hang up, he calls his friend to come pick him up and take him to the other hotel. He is sitting in the lobby waiting for his friend while I'm minding my own damn business.

Creeper: You don't believe I'm a psychic.
Working Girl: I don't mean to be rude but I have a hard time believing anything that any of the people who come in here say.

There was a silence for nearly one minute.

Creeper: Your parents are divorced.
Working Girl: Yes.
Creeper: I know. They divorced when you were young, about 5?
Working Girl: Yes.

This may seem like a red flag but since half of all marriages end in divorce that wasn't his psychic powers, that was just taking a shot in the dark.  But then it got creepy.

Creeper: Your dad doesn't live here. He lives out of the state. Nevada.
Working Girl: Yes.
Creeper: You don't talk to him.
Working Girl: No, I don't.
Creeper: But you can if you want to. You just choose not to.
Working Girl: Uh-huh...

Creeper: You just broke up with your boyfriend. He was a bad, bad man. A disgusting human being. Really not a nice guy.
Working Girl: PREACH!
Creeper: What?
Working Girl: I mean, yeah.
Creeper: But the guy you've just started dating, you like him a lot.
Working Girl: Yeah.
Creeper: You're going to be with him for a long time but it won't work out. You're going to marry a guy from Atlanta.

At this point his friend comes to pick him up. He approaches me before he walks out the door.

Creeper: I hope you believe me now. Thanks for all your help.

Then he left. Everyone I've told this story to IMMEDIATELY freaks out... because he was right. Everything he said was dead on. My father lives in Nevada, my parents divorced when I was five and my ex-boyfriend was a piece of shit (though you don't need to be a psychic to know that.)



I've had plenty of friends who paid money to see a psychic only to get general and vague answers. I didn't even ask for this. All I wanted to do was my 8 hours and go home. Instead, I got a look into my future from a creepy guy who wasn't even staying at the hotel.

2 comments:

  1. Do you ever think that the psychic was just making some good guesses? Just stating they are stating the obvious? Plus, the whole daddy issues thing is pretty common in females like two out of five have some sort of issue. The way you write it seems like someone can read you like a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't say that I believed he was a psychic, I explained an experience I had at work in which the man speaking to me referred to himself as "the psychic." And there are no daddy issues or indicators of any, nor is that number logical. Also, me sitting at work doesn't mean that anyone can read me in any way, shape or form.

    ReplyDelete