Wednesday, November 27, 2013

If This Is Going To Work, You Have Got To Listen

Similar to my Phone Etiquette post, I have a very hard time trying to figure out why people do not listen on the phone. When you call a business, for the most part, they tend to say the name of the business when they answer the phone. Why do you not  listen when YOU dialed the number? Seriously!?

Working Girl/All Employees: Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening, Thank you for calling [HOTEL NAME] by Wyndham in [CITY]. [EMPLOYEE NAME] speaking, how may I help you?

Person 1: Can I get a large pizza with... (*sigh* Not a pizza place)
Person 2: Is this the nurse's station? (Wrong again)
Person 3: I'd like to set up 2 appointments for pedicures at 2:30. (Not gonna happen)
Person 4: Where did I call? (Did you dial and put the phone down?)
Person 5: I'm a Hilton Honors Member (Awesome. But we are a Wyndham Property)
Person 6: I read that one of your apartments is open for rent. (That's not...we're not...huh!?)
Person 7: I've been waiting for you to send me that fax. (WHAT!?)

The next time someone decides to not listen to the speech I will be glad to take their order, set up their appointment and give them the monthly rental price.

So when you show up to pick up your pizza/your pizza never comes, when you come for your appointment to find out you don't have one and when you go into the rental office with the wrong information and they look at you strange, do not be upset with anyone but yourself.

You need to learn how to listen. I will be happy to teach you a lesson as to why you need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment